Sunday Worship on the Mexican Side
ACOMPÁÑANOS LOS DOMINGOS a la 1 pm (PST)!
NOS REUNIMOS EN EL MURO FRONTERIZO
BAJO EL FARO EN PLAYAS DE TIJUANA:
JOIN US SUNDAYS AT 1 pm (PST)!
WE GATHER AT THE BORDER WALL BENEATH
THE LIGHTHOUSE ("El Faro") EN PLAYAS DE TIJUANA:
Our weekly bi-national celebration begins at 1:30 pm at Friendship Park / El Parque de la Amistad.
* On the Mexican side, the Park is adjacent to "El Faro" (the lighthouse) in Playas de Tijuana.
* The border wall in Mexico is accessible year round, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* On most Sundays, the Border Church team in Mexico serves a free meal after worship.
To reach the Border Church on the Mexican side, your destination is Tijuana's famous lighthouse ("El Faro") in Playas de Tijuana.
* Every driver in the city knows this location, so the simplest way to get there from the US is to walk across the border (use the "PedWest" crossing) and grab a taxi or Uber. This also makes for a quick return to the U.S.
* You can also drive to El Faro using the pin-drop on the map.
Here is a typical timeline to join the Border Church on the Mexican side, traveling from the US:
* 11:00 - 11:30 am Travel from central San Diego to a parking lot near the "PedWest" border crossing.
* 11:30 - 12:30 pm Walk across the border and travel by taxi or Uber to "El Faro en Playas de Tijuana"
* 12:30 - 1:30 pm Check in with the Border Church team in Mexico. Enjoy the atmosphere, take a walk on the boardwalk.
* 2:00 - 3:00 pm Help the Border Church team in Mexico serve a community meal.
* 3:00 - 4:00 pm Grab a taxi or Uber and walk back across at the PedWest border crossing.
*4:00 - 4:30 pm Travel back to central San Diego location
FRIENDSHIP PARK / EL PARQUE DE LA AMISTAD:
Located in Playas de Tijuana, the Mexican side of Friendship Park is a vibrant public space. Artistic murals seek to turn the ugliness of the wall into a thing of beauty and protest. Families gather, tourists stroll by, vendors sell their wares, music plays, smells of carne asada waft up from the many restaurants along the boardwalk. It is a place that is alive and free.
A FEW NOTES:
*The experience on the Mexican side is much more fun than in the U.S. Long after the Park is closed in the United States, the party continues in Mexico.
* If your goal is to meet up with friends from the US, visiting hours are restricted on the US side to Saturdays and Sundays from 10am - 2pm.
* Nothing can be passed through the border wall. This is considered a customs violation and could result in the closure of the park on the US side